Tuesday 6 November 2012

Making Butter

Today in Room 1 we made butter as part of our food science unit. 
We poured some cream into a clean jar and added a pinch of salt. Next we had turns shaking the jar like crazy, this took quite a long time. Eventually we saw the yellow blob of butter separate from the thin buttermilk. Then we gave the butter a taste test on crackers.
Our butter
The left over buttermilk.
The butter tasted delicious - Charlie
It was different from usual butter but oh so yummy - Hannah
I didn't expect it to taste like that - Lily
It tasted like a buttercup - May
It tasted milky and creamy - Christopher
It was yummy and delicious - Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I loved the butter.

    I made some when I got home.

    When I had it on potato it tasted like the butter you bye from the shop.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.