Thursday 22 March 2012

Dragon Boat Races

Here is a story about one student's special day. If you have a special story please share it with your classmates.

On Saturday I went to watch my dad do his dragon boat races. I did not get to see the first one but that did not matter because it was a practice. I shouted "Go Doctapus!" to cheer him on. 

The finals is the race that you can win a medal, first place you get a gold medal, second place you get a silver medal and third you get a bronze medal.  The teams that come in forth and fifth place do not get a medal. My dad came first and got a gold medal.  

It is a big boat racing in the sea. For this type of racing you only paddle on one side so you can paddle really fast. I did not see my dad that night because he went to prize giving to get his medal along with the rest of his team. I saw his medal in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.